5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Explore the two areas most devastated by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79, Pompeii and Herculaneum. This half-day tour explores the two archaeological sites where visitors can see the remains of the cities such as shops, the Forum, the courthouse, thermal baths, the Temple of Augustalium, and more. Spend hours at each site and learn about the daily life of the ancient Romans from your archaeologist guide.
- Take a half-day tour and explore the sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum
- See the remains that were buried under volcanic ash from Mount Vesuvius
- Learn about the daily lives of ancient Romans from your archaeologist guide
- Enjoy a personalized experience with your own private tour guide
Saved to wishlist!
Guidance and assistance by an Archaeologist guide
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Pompeii and Herculaneum entrance tickets
Any kind of transportation to the sites
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sunglasses and sunscreen are suggested
- Comfortable shoes are required, NO flip flops
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Askos Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pompeii and Herculaneum Private Walking Tour with an Archaeologist?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the social distancing policy during Pompeii and Herculaneum Private Walking Tour with an Archaeologist?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Pompeii and Herculaneum Private Walking Tour with an Archaeologist
5 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPompeiiArchaeology Tours - PositanoWalking Tours - PositanoHistorical Tours - PositanoHalf-day Tours - PositanoArchaeology Tours - AmalfiWalking Tours - AmalfiHistorical Tours - AmalfiHalf-day Tours - AmalfiArchaeology Tours - SorrentoWalking Tours - SorrentoHistorical Tours - SorrentoHalf-day Tours - SorrentoCategory