Are you interested in?
299 Tours & Activities
Naples and Pompeii Tours from Rome Tours
1161 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
453 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Visit Pompeii with a private guide and explore the ruins of the UNESCO World Heritage–listed archaeological site. Once a thriving Roman town, Pompeii was buried beneath a blanket of volcanic rubble for centuries after the AD79 eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. Pay your entrance fee direct, then head inside to learn all about it as you wander amid ancient streets and relics. Later, you'll soak up views of the infamous volcano from the bell tower of the Sanctuary of the Madonna of the Rosary.
- Private tour of Pompeii with an archaeologist guide
- Explore the UNESCO-listed ruins of Pompeii on a walking tour
- Hear tales about Mt. Vesuvius and the eruption of AD79
- See Pompeii highlights such as the Stabian Baths and Forum
Saved to wishlist!
Guidance and assistance by an Archaeologist
Pompeii entrance ticket
Any kind of transportation
Departure & Return
Departure PointVia Villa dei Misteri, 1, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
Return DetailsVia Villa dei Misteri, 1, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We organize a specific itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is best to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with opened shoes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Askos Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pompeii Private Tour with an Archaeologist Guide?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the social distancing policy during Pompeii Private Tour with an Archaeologist Guide?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all 36
See all 36
Product code: 23258P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPompeiiArchaeology Tours - PositanoWalking Tours - PositanoHistorical Tours - PositanoArchaeology Tours - AmalfiWalking Tours - AmalfiHistorical Tours - AmalfiArchaeology Tours - SorrentoWalking Tours - SorrentoHistorical Tours - SorrentoCategory