Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour food walking tour of Playa del Carmen
- Explore Yucatecan food with an insider
- Visit family-owned restaurants
- Try the best street food
- Get inside tips from a local
Departure & Return
Departure PointPlaya del Carmen, Playa del Carmen, Yucatan Peninsula
Meet us 20 Minutes before Scheduled time. at Entrance of Old Downtown City Hall (Palacio Municipal) Avenue 20th, North. between Calle 8 and Calle 10.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
From panuchos to cochinita pibil, food from the Yucatán has arrived on the international scene in recent years, and you’ll try food and drinks that highlight local flavors. Taste a variety of sauces—Yucatec chefs top their cuisine with refreshing, mild flavor to fiercely hot salsa made with habaneros—and find out which ones you prefer.
Over the course of the tour you’ll get a good overview of local food, so this is the ideal way to start a trip, with insider tips on the best restaurants, bars, and markets to visit during your stay. At the end of your walking meal, walk back to downtown Playa del Carmen, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please Let us know of Food Allergies, Food restrictions or Mobility issues
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cookin' México
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms