- Full-day Maya city and cenote tour
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Learn about Maya history and culture
- Swim in an underground pool
- Breakfast and lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup and drop-off in Playa del Carmen
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
For costumers staying in aparments or houses in Playa del Carmen or Cancun we have differents meeting point to pick you up. Custumers staying in Tulum City or Tulum Hotel zone will be pickup in Super Market Super Aki in Tulum city entrance at 06:00AM.
What To Expect
Upon arrival at Chichen Itza, tour the sprawling complex with the guide, beginning with the Kukulkan Castle: also known as The Pyramid, this dramatic temple is aligned with the seasons, and a feathered serpent appears in shadow during the equinoxes. Continue to the ball court and the rest of the site, including the astronomical observatory, “The Church,” and more.
Following your time at Chichen Itza, travel to the Cenote Hubikku, an underground pool that’s perfect for a cooling swim. This is one of the many caverns that dot the Yucatan’s limestone plateau, and it’s often illuminated by a shaft of clear sunlight.
The final stop of the day is Ek Balam, where you can climb the acropolis to follow painted scenes from the Maya underworld, see the astronomers’ reflecting pools, and learn about the re-discovery of the site. Ek Balam is a less-visited site that’s still surrounded by thick jungle, and offers an explorer’s experience of Yucatan archeology. This tour concludes with return transfer to Playa del Carmen, and drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- It is recommended that you bring sports shoes, sandals or flip flops, swimsuit, towel, sunglasses, hat, biodegradable sunscreen and mosquito repellent, a camera and Mexican Pesos in cash for expenses and tips
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Yalku Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Chichen Itza, Ek Balam and Cenote Hubiku Tour.
- "This is well worth you time and money to do" See review
- "I recommend it above those available at Hotel lobby.Everyone was professional, knowledgeable, with good food and destinations.It is an all day event, will be hot in summer and kids may not like the long day.Thomas Hendricks" See review
- "Full 12 hour day for us after being picked up and dropped off at our Playa Del Carmen Hotel." See review