- 4-hour gentle float down the Penas Blancas River from La Fortuna
- Ideal choice for families; suitable for young children 3 and older
- Observe wildlife and exotic birds with a guide
- With luck, see monkeys, toucans, and sloths in their natural habitat
- Lunch, snacks, and hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Following a short 30-minute journey to the Peñas Blancas River, you’ll arrive at your docking point and, after a safety briefing and life vest fitting, board an inflatable boat to begin your 1.5-hour cruise.
At a leisurely speed, glide past tropical rain forest abundant with wildlife and, using the provided binoculars, keep your eyes peeled for monkeys, sloths, and toucans.
Stop to enjoy tropical fruit and cold drinks midway through your journey and conclude the cruise with lunch on the banks of the river. Your experience ends with hotel drop-off in La Fortuna.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age 3 and children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour may be conducted by a multilingual guide
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please wear shoes that will stay on feet. No heels.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose
- Not responsible for items left on bus, please check carefully before getting off bus
- This tour requires a 2 person minimum to book
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wave Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff