5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore Peñas Blancas River and satisfy your chocolate craving on this exciting and delicious half-day combo tour. After a convenient hotel pickup, hop in a raft and float downstream, scouring the riverbanks for Costa Rica’s celebrated wildlife, including howler monkeys, white-faced capuchins, and sloths. Then, learn about the history of chocolate, from the discovery and cultivation of cacao to the production of the modern sweet treat.
- Raft the Peñas Blancas River and get your chocolate fix on a combo tour
- Experience Costa Rica’s biodiversity and spot wildlife along the riverbanks
- Learn the history of cacao and participate in the chocolate-making process
- Enjoy convenient hotel pickup/drop-off and all rafting equipment included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Provided equipment: tube, vest and helmet
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Av. 331, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off bus and at end of tours
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wave Expeditions
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Half Day Nature Safari Float Tour and Chocolate Tour from La Fortuna-Arenal?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Half Day Nature Safari Float Tour and Chocolate Tour from La Fortuna-Arenal?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Half Day Nature Safari Float Tour and Chocolate Tour from La Fortuna-Arenal?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Half Day Nature Safari Float Tour and Chocolate Tour from La Fortuna-Arenal?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Half Day Nature Safari Float Tour and Chocolate Tour from La Fortuna-Arenal
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursChocolate Tours Nature and WildlifeSafarisWater ToursFloat Trips Half-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingPlaya HermosaFood Tours - Guanacaste and NorthwestChocolate Tours - Guanacaste and NorthwestNature and Wildlife - Guanacaste and NorthwestSafaris - Guanacaste and NorthwestWater Tours - Guanacaste and NorthwestFloat Trips - Guanacaste and NorthwestHalf-day Tours - Guanacaste and NorthwestFood Tours - Playa FlamingoChocolate Tours - Playa FlamingoNature and Wildlife - Playa FlamingoSafaris - Playa FlamingoWater Tours - Playa FlamingoFloat Trips - Playa FlamingoHalf-day Tours - Playa FlamingoFood Tours - LiberiaChocolate Tours - LiberiaNature and Wildlife - LiberiaSafaris - LiberiaWater Tours - LiberiaFloat Trips - LiberiaHalf-day Tours - LiberiaCategory