1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Catch some amazing waves with a private surf lesson at Playa Grande National Park, where pristine and secluded beaches offer a break from the crowds of Tamarindo. One-on-one attention from a professional instructor helps accelerate learning, whether it's your first time standing up or you want to sharpen your surf skills. Most of the lesson is spent in the water for maximum practice time.
- Learn surfing essentials like safety, etiquette, and theory
- Lesson held on a quiet beach known for its leatherback turtles
- Private, 1.5-hour session is tailored to all experience levels and ideal tide conditions
- Includes use of surfboard and rash guard, plus transport from Tamarindo area
Saved to wishlist!
Local, Professional & Bilingual Instructor
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Fruits and water
Activity Photo Package For Sell
Gratuities / Tips (Suggested 10 - 20%)
Additional food, drinks & accommodation
Medical & Travel Insurance
The 230PM tour does not include the snorkel part due to the sunset timing
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Included all Airbnb, Homeaway, VRBO & Hotels.
⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ Papagayo Peninsula, Playas Del Coco and Playa Hermosa pickups have an additional fee of $30 per person each way due to distance (payable in cash at the time of the activity)
- Liberia Airport, Liberia Costa Rica
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- After you book your day we will email you back to set up the right time (according to the tides)
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Playa Grande Shuttle & Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Beach Horseback Riding & Snorkel Combo?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Beach Horseback Riding & Snorkel Combo?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Beach Horseback Riding & Snorkel Combo?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Beach Horseback Riding & Snorkel Combo?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Beach Horseback Riding & Snorkel Combo
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPlaya FlamingoNature and Wildlife - Guanacaste and NorthwestNature and Wildlife - TamarindoNature and Wildlife - Playa HermosaCategory