2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Costa Rica’s Playa Grande boasts ideal conditions for beginning surfers, so get your feet—and board—wet with a private lesson that covers essentials of surf safety, paddling, and standing up. Whether it's your first time out or you want to sharpen your skills, a dedicated instructor gets you geared up and in the water for a personalized introduction to a water sport you can take anywhere.
- Learn surfing basics in the gentle waves of Playa Grande beach
- Private lesson is tailored to your experience and comfort level
- Great option for families who want to learn to surf together
- Includes fresh fruit and hotel pickup from Tamarindo, Flamingo, or Playa Grande
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private vehicle
Souvenir photos (available to purchase) $30 extra
Departure & Return
Calle Principal, 75mts de la playa, contiguo a las oficinas del Minae, en Guanacaste Santa Cruz, Provincia de Guanacaste, 50309, Costa Rica
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY YouAreCostaRica
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Surfing Lesson in Playa Grande for beginners and intermediates?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Surfing Lesson in Playa Grande for beginners and intermediates?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Surfing Lesson in Playa Grande for beginners and intermediates?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Surfing Lesson in Playa Grande for beginners and intermediates?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPlaya FlamingoNature and Wildlife - Guanacaste and NorthwestAttractions & Museums - Guanacaste and NorthwestNature and Wildlife - TamarindoAttractions & Museums - TamarindoNature and Wildlife - Playa HermosaAttractions & Museums - Playa HermosaCategory