Explore our promoted experiences
- Half- or full-day tour of the Grand Canyon by airplane, from Phoenix
- Soak in spectacular aerial views of the Grand Canyon and other Arizona landmarks
- Fly over Tonto National Forest, the Red Rocks of Sedona and Montezuma's Well
- Upgrade to experience Grand Canyon National Park by scenic flight, then land in the park for a ground tour
- Learn from your knowledgeable guide about the wildlife, geology and history of the Grand Canyon and Arizona
Departure & Return
Departures are from the Deer Valley Airport in north Phoenix. We are located in the Cutter building on the northwest corner of the parking lot.
What To Expect
Meet your pilot at Deer Valley Airport where you receive a safety briefing and orientation to your aircraft. Travel in comfort in either a Cessna Caravan or T207, both of which are high-winged airplanes that are ideal for sightseeing from the air and taking photos. Every passenger has a window seat with unobstructed views of the spectacular scenery below.
As you fly to the Grand Canyon, be amazed at the scenery below of the Tonto National Forest, the Red Rock formations of Sedona, the San Francisco Peaks, Painted Desert and the Navajo Indian Reservation. Then get an amazing perspective of the widest part of the Grand Canyon as your pilot takes you where few other airplanes are allowed to fly.
Upgrade your experience to the full-day air and ground option, which includes landing in Grand Canyon National Park for a guided jeep tour. Enjoy impressive views from one of the South Rim overlooks and stop at the Grand Canyon Historic Village for fantastic photo ops, sweeping views or an unforgettable stroll along the rim of the Grand Canyon. Keep an eye out for native wildlife as you absorb the grandeur of the vast canyons and multicolored rock terrain. Lunch is provided during your time that you are exploring the park on the ground.
Afterwards, head back to the Grand Canyon Airport to continue your aerial journey, returning to Deer Valley Airport in Phoenix via Sycamore Canyon Wilderness and the old mining town of Jerome.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- A minimum of 3 people is required to take up a flight without surcharge.
- Minimum Passenger Surcharge: if there are only 2 passengers in total on the tour, there will be a USD50 per person surcharge. You will be advised if this is applicable at the time of reconfirmation, 48 hours prior to tour date. This surcharge is payable direct to the tour operator. You will also have the option to cancel or reschedule without penalty.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- OPERATED BY Westwind Air Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.