2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Venture beneath the City of Light to explore the dark underworld of the Paris Catacombs. Skip the entrance lines and head inside this fantastically macabre tunnel system filled with the skeletal remains of more than 6 million Parisians. Hear about the remarkable construction of the catacombs from an expert guide as you walk past ornate chambers piled with decorative arrangements of bones, and gain special access to chapels and chambers closed to the general public. Group size is limited to 19.
- Discover the Catacombs, Paris underground cemetery with your local expert guide
- Explore the Catacombs with a small group tour of 19 people or fewer
- Skip the long lines and walk directly into the Catacombs
Saved to wishlist!
Skip the line access to Paris Catacombs
Access to special areas of Paris Catacombs
Expert English/ French speaking guide
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- To ensure the safety of visitors, French authorities enforce security measures upon entry to the Catacombs. Only bags smaller than 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm will be accepted. Walks will is not responsible for entry denied due to large luggage. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and delay which may be caused by extra security checks.
- Please be advised that there are 130 steps to the Catacombs. Unfortunately, there is no elevator access. Those with heart problems, claustrophobia, or other medical conditions should take this into consideration before booking this tour.
- Please note, the people who guard the Paris Catacombs consider women who are visibly pregnant to have a "mobility impairment" and therefore do not allow them to descend into the Catacombs. While we do not necessarily agree with this assessment, we have to respect their policies. If you are visibly pregnant we recommend that you do not take this tour and cannot accept responsibility if you are refused entrance.
- Unfortunately Catacombs are not accesible for Wheelchairs or strollers
- IMPORTANT NOTE: From July 21st 2021, all sites in Paris that we visit during our tours are requiring clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative test within the past 48-hours for entry. If you have any questions regarding your tour, please reach out to us prior and we can help answer any questions you may have.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- • The Paris Catacombs tunnels are often wet and cool (14°C/57°F all year long). We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothes.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Small Group Paris Catacombs Special Access Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Small Group Paris Catacombs Special Access Tour?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Small Group Paris Catacombs Special Access Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "If you chill in 57 degree weather, bring a jacket." See review
- "Do NOT go without a tour guide as people looked bored wandering through the passages." See review
- "This tour requires a fair amount of walking (over 1 mile) and is not for those persons with claustrophobia (fear of enclosed small spaces)." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Small Group Paris Catacombs Special Access Tour
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Ghost & Vampire ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingParisGhost & Vampire Tours - Île-de-FranceWalking Tours - Île-de-FranceHistorical Tours - Île-de-FranceGhost & Vampire Tours - Marne-la-ValléeWalking Tours - Marne-la-ValléeHistorical Tours - Marne-la-ValléeGhost & Vampire Tours - BloisWalking Tours - BloisHistorical Tours - BloisCategory
Museum of Jewish Art and History (Musée d’Art et d’Histoire du Judaïsme) Tours & TicketsChatou Tours & TicketsDome Church at Les Invalides (Dome des Invalides) Tours & TicketsSaint Germain des Prés Tours & TicketsDiscovery Palace (Palais de la Découverte) Tours & TicketsLe Manoir de Paris Tours & TicketsMémorial de la Shoah (Shoah Memorial) Tours & TicketsWall of Love (Le Mur des Je T'aime) Tours & TicketsThéatre le Ranelagh Tours & TicketsBelleville Tours & TicketsNouvelle Eve Tours & TicketsMusée de l'Orangerie Tours & TicketsLes Halles Tours & TicketsLa Cinémathèque Française Tours & TicketsParis Sewer Museum (Musée des Égouts de Paris) Tours & TicketsCanal Saint-Martin Tours & TicketsPont des Arts Tours & TicketsMontparnasse Tower (Tour Montparnasse) Tours & TicketsPlace Dauphine Tours & TicketsGrevin Museum (Musée Grevin) Tours & Tickets