Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 3-hour Christmas food and decorations walking tour of central Paris
- Soak up Galeries Lafayette's impressive interior, decked out in Christmas lights and decorations
- Admire festive window displays and Art Nouveau façades of Paris’ luxury shops
- Take in panoramic rooftop views over the city
- Enjoy traditional Christmas favorites such as oysters, foie gras, macarons and éclairs with Champagne and white wine
- Gain insight into France’s Christmas traditions from a guide
- Small-group tour limited to eight ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
First, head inside Galeries Lafayette — widely considered the French capital’s finest department store — and marvel at the Christmas decorations within. Follow your guide to the food hall and sample fresh oysters with a glass of white wine. Taste French treats such as macarons or an éclair and gaze over the impressive selection of caviar, cheeses, chocolates, gingerbread and fois gras.
Step outside and wander along bustling streets where shoppers browse for Christmas gifts. Head up to a rooftop viewing platform for panoramic views over Paris’ twinkling lights, then visit a Christmas decoration shop where you can pick up gifts for family at home.
Follow your guide through the 8th arrondissement and pause beneath the grand columns of La Madeleine Church, constructed in memory of Napoleon’s military might. Head down cobbled streets and passageways where festive lights twinkle in shop windows, and delve into some of the charming boutiques for which the area is famous. On Passage Vivienne, sample fois gras with a glass of Champagne or dessert wine and raise a glass to Santa, Rudolph and friends!
After three hours, your tour will come to an end near the Louvre Museum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18. Children will be offered non-alcoholic drinks.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY A Journey in Paris
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Paris Walking Tour: Christmas Food and Decorations.