Explore our promoted experiences
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Led by a local guide
Departure & Return
Meet your guide wearing red lanyard OUTSIDE the currently empty shop premises at 15 Broad street. This is located next to the Oxfam shop, 17 Broad street, OX1 3AS
|Monday:||11:30 AM - 02:30 PM|
|Tuesday:||11:30 AM - 02:30 PM|
|Wednesday:||11:30 AM - 02:30 PM|
|Thursday:||11:30 AM - 02:30 PM|
|Friday:||11:30 AM - 02:30 PM|
|Saturday:||11:30 AM - 02:30 PM|
|Sunday:||11:00 AM - 02:30 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Helmets are only provided, if requested, when you book. We have limited stock of helmets and there is no obligation in Oxford to wear a helmet.
- We do not stock bikes for young children so if you may need a tandem bike or a bike with child seat on back, we need to order this in advance. So please provide at least 24 hours notice. This is why when you pay, we have listed infants not as free but as £30 fee, because that's our cost to hire in such bikes especially.
- We also only have limited stock of bikes for children aged 9+, so again please mention children's heights, when you book!
- Tour requests in foreign languages. We will try to arrange a guide or translator but we will require at least 24 hours notice and this may not always be possible to arrange. In which case, the tour will be in English or we will refund you.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Our mountain bikes in stock only fit someone from height of approx 1.4m (4feet6) to 1.9m (6 feet 3). So if you require a bike for any other height, your tour cannot be guaranteed- in which case we may need to refund you but if you give us at least 24 hours or more notice, we will try to arrange a bike at extra cost of £30 fee for anyone outside these heights. This might include a tandem bike or a parent bike with infant child back seat.
- Please note: Young children who bring their own bikes and helmets may join the tour free of charge
- PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.