- 2-hour bike tour of the Oxford countryside from Oxford
- An active and friendly-friendly experience
- Cycle past narrow boats, riverside pubs, and nature trails
- Stop in Christchurch and Binsey to see a Norman chapel and medieval thatched cottages
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people
Departure & Return
Meet your guide wearing red lanyard OUTSIDE the currently empty shop premises at 15 Broad street. This is located next to the Oxfam shop, 17 Broad street, OX1 3AS
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You must be at least 1.3 metres (4 foot 2) to fit our normal stock of bikes. Anything smaller & we need to hire in smaller bikes which requires usually at least 24 hours notice.
- MINIMUM 3 PERSONS REQUIRED TO BOOK ANY PUBLIC CYCLE TOURS
- If you plan to bring children along, please provide ages and heights, at time of booking. Our stock of bikes includes two bikes only which will fit someone of height from 1.4m to 1.5 metres tall. We stock no bikes shorter than that, nor any bikes with tandem child seat on the back. Any such bike requests need to be made known to us, at least 24 hours in advance, as we need to hire in such bikes!
- This tour may not be suitable for younger children. If you are shorter than the required height, a fold out bike is available but not recommended for children. The balance on these bikes takes some time to get used to
- Please dress for all types of weather and bring water
- Helmets are only offered to adults if you ask (at least 1 day in advance). There is no obligation in Oxford to wear a helmet on bikes. This tour will be avoiding busy roads. If you would like us to provide helmets, please mention if you want S, M, L adult-size
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required- otherwise you could choose to pay for 2 persons
- A maximum of 12 people per booking is set here but we can accommodate larger groups with significant advance notice given.
- PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- THIS IS A LEISURELY RIDE and Oxford is very flat
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.