- 2-hour surfing lesson or stand-up paddleboarding lesson on Oahu
- If you're surfing, choose wither a private or small-group lesson with no more than 4 students
- If you're paddleboarding, enjoy a small-group lesson of no more than 5 students
- Port pickup and drop-off included at Aloha Tower
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please confirm pickup location 24 before lessons.
What To Expect
Set right on the beaches where surfing began, the class begins with instruction on the proper way to paddle your board and how to pop up to your feet. Your instructor takes care of all the equipment you’ll need for surfing on Oahu. If you’d prefer to paddle in flat water — rather than riding the waves — stand-up paddleboarding is another option.
Your Oahu surfing lesson has three different options: A private 2-hour paddleboarding or surfing lesson, a 2-hour paddleboarding or surfing lesson in a small group that’s no larger than four students or a 1-hour paddleboarding lesson in a group of five students.
If you have kids (5 years and above), or are traveling with someone who has special needs, it’s highly recommended to choose the private surfing lesson for an added degree of attention. All participants must know how to swim, and since Oahu surf lessons are extremely popular, it’s also recommended to book well in advance.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Honolulu port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years for surfing lesson
- Minimum age is 12 years for the stand-up paddleboarding lesson
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Surf HNL
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Surf HNL: Small-Group or Private Surfing Lesson (Ko'olina).