- Learn to surf on a 2-hour, semi-private lesson on Waikiki Beach
- All levels are welcome and lessons are customized to your skill and experience
- Learn the basics and enjoy use of all surf gear, and see professional photos and videos of the day
- Convenient round-trip transportation from select Waikiki hotels and other locations
Departure & Return
The meet location is near to the Barefoot Beach Café. If you google the Barefoot Beach Café you will be able to find us easily. Look for our Surf School Bus™ vehicles and black Mercedes Sprinter van. If you are driving down and need to park your car, bring quarters for the meters.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 45 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- 2 participant minimum required to book. Participants must be 13 or older and able to swim.
- If any participants cannot swim, please advise the staff ahead of time as a private lesson may be required.
- If any participants have medical conditions or injuries, please advise the staff ahead of time
- If you are prone to seasickness, you may want to take a remedy you are accustomed to using before the lesson (talk to your doctor for recommendations).
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- These lessons are a ratio of 1 instructor for 2 participants.
- Please come prepared for the lesson by wearing your bathing suit, bringing a towel, and making sure to apply sunscreen ahead of time.
- All of our written materials are also available in Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese. With at least 24 hours notice, we will do our best to accommodate Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese speaking-instructors.
- Most travelers can participate
- Complimentary transportation is available from select locations in Waikiki. Exact pick-up location and time will be emailed to you by the supplier. If you do not receive these details 24 hours prior to your lesson, please contact Ohana Surf Project.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ohana Surf Project
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.