Explore our promoted experiences
- 2-hour private Theater District walking tour with an industry professional
- Get the inside scoop on the mecca of live theater
- See theaters where actors, directors, producers, choreographers, and composers have created more 100 years of art and music
- Learn about the creation of the musical, the golden age of musical theater, and cultural phenomenons like Hamilton
Departure & Return
The tour meets in front of the Majestic Theatre (home of Phantom of the Opera) on 44th Street. Our guide will be there to greet you at the confirmed time fo the tour. They will be holding a white and blue checked flag with our logo on it. If you are running late, please call our office at (718) 806-1706.
|Monday - Sunday:||10:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
What To Expect
Continuing your walk, listening to commentary from your guide about the Shubert Theatre, and then turn onto 45th Street, lined with venues such as the Booth Theatre, Jacobs Theatre, Golden Theatre, Imperial Theatre, Hirschfeld Theatre, and Music Box Theatre. You'll see the Marriott Marquis Hotel and visit the Marqus Theatre, learning about the history of the hotel and what used to stand there.
Next, head toward the Richard Rogers Theatre, which is home to smash hit Hamilton, and continue to Duffy Square, the center of Times Square, to hear the history of how this part of Manhattan became such a famous location. Keep walking past more theaters, listening to stories about the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood, and then hear a bit about the Off-Broadway scene. Your tour ends outside the home of Wicked, the Gershwin Theatre.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- There is a decent amount of walking, please wear appropriate shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- Backstage and lobby access is not guaranteed
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at least 21 years of age.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Top Dog Tours Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms