Don’t worry—here are some similar options
30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take a ride on the wild side with this 30-minute speedboat tour of New York City. Hop on board The Beast and let the fun begin. This high-speed boat tour along New York Harbor — complete with loud, rocking music and playful narration — acts like a roller coaster on water. It’s a must-do experience for adrenalin junkies.
- The BEAST Speedboat is a thrill ride that zooms down the Hudson at up to 45 mph
- Screeches to a halt within 100 feet of the Statue of Liberty for photo ops
- Panoramic views of midtown and lower Manhattan as you speed by
- Led by comic captains Mad Dog and Wild Thing
- Fast, loud and funny with pumping music
Saved to wishlist!
30-minute Speedboat Ride
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises , 83 North River Piers, W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- You must be at least 40" (102cm) tall to ride the beast
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- OPERATED BY Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the departure point for the Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:The cruise conveniently departs from Pier 83 @ West 42nd Street and the West Side Highway, in Midtown Manhattan.
Is there parking near the departure for the Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:Parking available at Circle Line Sightseeing, Pier 83, W 42nd Street. $30 before 3 pm weekdays and $35 after 3 pm weekdays and all weekends. (Prices subject to change.)
Can I take the subway to get to the Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:Yes - Take the 1, 2, 3, 7, A, C, E, N, Q or R train to Times Square 42nd St; train B, D, F to 5th Ave and 42nd St, or 4, 5, 6 train to 42nd St Grand Central Station. Take the M42 bus west or walk 5 avenues west to Pier 83 (about 1 mile or 1.6km).
Can I take a bus to get to the Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:Yes - From 42nd Street take the M42 bus going West, directly to the Circle Line Pier. From 49th Street take the M50 bus directly to the Circle Line pier.
How early should I arrive for the Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:Boarding begins a half-hour before departure.
What kind of boat is used during the Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:The "Beast" has 1400 BHP-horsepower with two ZF 3000 marine gears powered by twin Hamilton Jets, rocketing you through the water at a heart-pounding 40 knots (about 45 mph)!
Will I get wet during the Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:Not definitely, but it usually happens.
Are there any restrictions to participate in the Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:The boat travels at high speeds and bounces around, so nobody who is pregnant, has heart conditions or back injuries should ride. Also, all guests have to be at least 40" tall to ride. (That’s 102cm in the rest of the world.)
What is the policy on sanitization during Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Water ToursJet BoatingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingNew York CityWater Tours - New YorkJet Boating - New YorkWater Tours - BrooklynJet Boating - BrooklynWater Tours - Long IslandJet Boating - Long IslandCategory
Bowling GreenNewark Liberty International Airport (EWR)Winter Garden TheatreMuseum of SexMorris-Jumel MansionHayden PlanetariumGround Zero Museum WorkshopMarquis TheatreUpper East SideBronx Museum of the ArtsJacqueline Kennedy Onassis ReservoirStone Street Historic District Gerald Schoenfeld TheatreLongacre TheatreAlexander Hamilton US Custom House Union SquareThe Met BreuerUnited Nations HeadquartersSaks Fifth Avenue FlagshipNew York Botanical Garden (NYBG)