- Discover Munich's Baroque, Gothic and neoclassical landmarks
- Take frequent breaks, one of which will be in a well-known Munich beer garden
- Hear interesting commentary about the city's impressive buildings from an engaging guide
- Upgrade to the 5-hour tour to visit the Königsplatz (King's Square), or choose the 7-hour tour to see the Olympiapark, BMW Welt and Nymphenburg Palace
Departure & Return
We meet at the entrance of the Toy Museum/Spielzeugmuseum, Marienplatz 15, 80331 Munich.
We end the tour in our Tour Shop around the corner from the world famous Hofbrauhaus.
What To Expect
Because there is so much to see in Munich, this tour takes advantage of the many old pedestrianized medieval streets the city offers. With frequent stops to learn about the sites and to take pictures, it all makes for a most enjoyable way to explore this fascinating place.
Cycling in Munich accounts for 17 percent of all traffic. In fact, Munich named itself Germany's Radlhauptstadt, or bicycle capital, in the summer of 2010. Around 80 percent of its population owns a bicycle.
Visit Max-Joseph-Platz, a large city square that includes the Munich Residenz, the former royal palace of the Bavarian monarchs of the House of Wittelsbach and the elegant Munich National Theatre, home of the Bavarian State Opera and the Bayerisches Staatsballett. Ride along the walkways of the tranquil Hofgarten, a garden in the center of Munich.
There’s the large Odeonsplatz square and Marienplatz, the city’s main square since 1158. Also, ride along Englischer Garten, Europe's largest city park and stop at the Chinese Tower beer garden (Chinesischer Turm) for a break and meal, snack and/or beverage (own expense).
Throughout the tour, the guide will provide ample information about Munich’s past and present — and maybe even offer some insight into where the city is headed in the future. It’s a great introduction to the city of Munich and all that it offers its visitors and residents alike.
Upgrade to the 5-hour tour and ride through Königsplatz, a square built in the style of European neo-classicism in the 19th century and a center of cultural life in Munich. Additionally, upgrade to a 7-hour excursion and visit Olympiapark, Munich, constructed for the 1972 Summer Olympics; Nymphenburg Palace, the main summer residence of the former rulers of Bavaria of the House of Wittelsbach; and BMW Welt museum.
The tour ends back in central Munich.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes together with rain gear
- Sunscreen is recommended in summer
- Tour operates with English speaking guide only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mikes Bike Tours Munich
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms