Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Learn key Third Reich history as you explore Munich on foot
- Discover WWII-era landmarks such as the Führebau, Haus der Kunst, and the former Gestapo headquarters
- Hear personal stories of wartime Munich and its residents from your guide
- 3-hour tour length is ideal for those short on time
Departure & Return
Your Munich Third Reich Tour starts at Marienplatz in front of Mary's Column. Just look for the team with red SANDEMANs t-shirts and red umbrellas!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
See the Führerbau, which was the Nazi party building in Königsplatz, and learn about Brienner Strasse, a street that was integral to the rise of the Nazi party. As you walk, you’ll hear about the Allied bombing campaigns and the Nazi rule that both devastated the city, albeit in different ways.
Pass the Haus der Kunst, where Hitler complied a collection of art, and check out the former Gestapo headquarters from where Nazi Germany’s secret police worked. As you view sites such as Karolinenplatz and Sterneckerbräu, you’ll learn about the German resistance movements and post-war movements such as vergangenheitsbewältigung, the word given to describe “overcoming the past.”
Your tour ends back at Marienplatz.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The independent guides who employ us to market their tours have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites & stories mentioned and lasts about 3 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Children up to 13 years old are welcome to join this tour for free. We reserve the right to ask for a valid ID for children joining our tours
- Please keep in mind that group sizes are capped at a maximum of 30 travelers.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Munich
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience