- Day trip to Venice from Milan with a local guide
- Explore Venice on a walking tour and learn about its history and beautiful landmarks
- Stroll along Riva degli Schiavoni, through St Mark’s Square and alongside the Grand Canal
- See top Venice attractions including St Mark’s Basilica, Doge’s Palace and Rialto Bridge
- Visit a glass-making workshop to see a local craftsperson at work
- Enjoy a gondola ride around the Venetian lagoon, if you wish
Departure & Return
Please be ready at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure of the tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Arrive in Venice and get ready for an informative guided 2-hour walking tour. Amble over bridges and along canals. Stand in front of Renaissance palaces and learn their history. Take in the aromas of delicious Venetian fare wafting out of restaurants. Stroll along Riva degli Schiavoni, one of the city's main promenades, and then pass by the legendary Bridge of Sighs connected to the Doge's Palace. Let your guide regale you with tales of the doges of centuries past, as you perambulate into St. Mark's Square.
Stop for some photos in the pigeon-filled square. Stand in front of St. Mark's Basilica, noting its intricate facade. And don't forget to gaze up at the bell tower, a symbol of Venice. Then make your way through the narrow streets again, going over the famed Rialto Bridge, continuing along the Grand Canal to admire the grand mansions that flank the canal.
Visit some lesser-known hidden gems in Venice too! Explore the calli, a maze-like warren of narrow lanes and canals and learn about what life is like here for locals.
Take a break for lunch (at own expense) and then visit a glass-making workshop near St. Marks Square to witness skilled glassmakers plying their trade. After browsing in the gift shop and considering taking a souvenir back to Milan with you, head out on the narrow streets again, making your way for the optional 30-minute gondola ride (at your own expense) through the canals of the city. If you opt for the gondola, hop on the flat-bottomed boat, sit back and enjoy the only-in-Venice ambience.
When the time comes, return to your coach and begin the journey back to Milan.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: this tour does not include any gondola ride
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Zani Viaggi
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Maybe reduce 'city tour' to 20 minutes; extend time on land and allow more time for exploring." See review
- "The glassblowing presentation is kinda neat, but their prices are out of this world, so save yourself some precious time, and just dart through the gift shop, and out to the city to enjoy it!!!" See review