- 1.5-hour standup-paddleboard lesson for beginners
- Learn the basics of standup paddleboarding
- Enjoy a coastal paddle tour or hit the waves for practice
- Must be 12 years of age or older to take this lesson
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once you get acquainted with your instructor and he or she sets you up with your equipment, listen to a safety briefing. Your lesson is specifically tailored to your beginner’s skill level. Your group will have a maximum of four people, so you can feel comfortable working closely with your instructor and other group members.
During this lesson, learn about safety and ocean awareness, balance, proper stance and positioning on the board, and proper paddling techniques. Once your group is ready to get going, you'll have to come to a majority agreement of whether to go on a coastal paddle tour or to just hit the Hawaiian waves for extra practice.
Your lesson ends back on the beach where you turn in your equipment and have the rest of the day to do as you please.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Surf Shack Maui
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Private Standup Paddleboard Lesson for Beginners in Kihei.