- Surf lesson in Maui
- Pick between a group, semi-private, private, and one-on-one lesson
- Times vary by which type of lesson you choose
- Bring home souvenir photos from your day on the board (own expense)
- Private one-on-one lessons are recommended for children under eight
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your lesson begins with a warm welcome from your instructor. He or she gets you suited up in a rash guard, reef shoes, and a surf board, of course. Then, he or she shows you the ropes with a brief safety instruction.
Afterward, it’s time for your land lesson. Whether you’re a beginner surfing for your first time or an experience surfer, there’s always something to get out of a lesson. Instructors cater to your level, and make sure you feel comfortable on the board before setting you up to catch some waves.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We suggest children under the age of 8 should book a private 1 on 1 lesson.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Waves Hawaii Surf School
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Group Surf Lesson at Waves Hawaii Surf School The Billabong Surf School in Kihei.