45 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Castle of If in Marseille by pre-booking your tickets in advance. Explore inside the magnificent 16th-century castle on a self-guided tour, learn more about the historic landmark, which featured in ‘The Count of Monte Cristo’, and take in spectacular views along the Mediterranean coast.
- With mobile tickets, simply scan your phone for direct entry into the Castle of If in Marseille!
- Visit this fantastic Castle, immortalized by Alexandre Dumas in the Count of Monte Cristo, at your own pace with your direct entry ticket
- Skip-the-line with your ticket without paying extra!
Saved to wishlist!
Chateau d'If entrance ticket
Transport to/ from attraction
Ferry ticket to the Island
Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Entrance is free for anyone under the age of 18 years old. Citizens from the European Union can visit for free if they are aged between 18 and 25 years old (an ID is necessary)
- Please note that you can access the Island by ferry boat only (ticket not included in the price). Last departure at 3:45pm.
- The monument is closed on January 1st and December 25th and in case of bad weather.
- Please note that travelers will not receive any refund regardless of cancellation status, even if the monument is closed on your visit date, you can use this ticket any other open day.
- Please note that due to Covid-19, after purchasing your ticket on Viator or on any Viator channels, you need to visit the link available on your voucher to select your travel date & time slot prior to access the monument.
- Following an announcement from the French government, as of 21st July, a Health Pass OR that a guest has been tested (PCR or Antigen) and has a negative result within the last 48 hours; OR for persons who have had COVID-19: the result of a positive RT-PCR or Antigen test will be required for guests aged 18 and older to visit the monument.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that access to the monument will be free on September 18th and 19th during the European Heritage Days.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Centre des Monuments Nationaux
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Marseille Chateau d'If Skip the Line Entrance Ticket?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Marseille Chateau d'If Skip the Line Entrance Ticket?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesMarseilleAttractions & Museums - ProvenceAttractions & Museums - MarignaneAttractions & Museums - Aix-en-ProvenceCategory
Calanque d’En-Vau Tours & TicketsMarseille Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux Arts) Tours & TicketsMuseum of European and Mediterranean Civilizations (Le Mucem) Tours & TicketsCantini Museum (Musée Cantini) Tours & TicketsVallon des Auffes Tours & TicketsFort Saint-Jean Tours & TicketsMarseille Contemporary Art Museum (MAC) Tours & TicketsPalais Longchamp Tours & TicketsFrioul Islands (Îles du Frioul) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Mediterranean Archaeology (Musée d’Archéologie Méditerranéenne) Tours & TicketsCap Canaille Tours & TicketsFontaine Castellane Tours & TicketsMuseum of African, Oceanic and American-Indian Art (MAAOA) Tours & TicketsRoman Docks Museum (Musée des Docks Romains) Tours & TicketsPlace aux Huiles Tours & TicketsAbbey of St. Victor (Abbaye Saint-Victor) Tours & TicketsCalanque de Sormiou Tours & TicketsMarseille Museum of Natural History (Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle) Tours & TicketsMarseille History Museum (Musee d'Histoire) Tours & TicketsMarseille Cathedral (Cathédrale La Major) Tours & Tickets