- Evening walking tour of Madrid's tapas bars and restaurants
- Insightful commentary about Madrid's history and traditions
- Entertaining and knowledgeable local guide, who can provide assistance with language and translation when ordering food and beverages
- Small group tour with a maximum of 10 people
- Visit typical bars and restaurants with the drink and tapas free in first bar
Departure & Return
Right by the statue of the Bear and the Strawberry Tree (it looks like a bear eating a bit of broccoli about 25m from the glass turtle shell metro entrance!!!) . Your tour guide will be carrying an A4-sized bright yellow Adventurous Appetites flier
End point is orientative only. Tour concludes at the last bar/restaurant, however a taxi back to your hotel can be organized by the guide (not included in tour price).
What To Expect
Begin your evening right beside the statue of the Oso y Madroño (Bear and strawberry tree) in Puerta de Sol. Meet your guide, who helps to explain the traditions of Madrid's famous eating and drinking culture, helps translate when ordering and provides suggestions of the best local specialties.
During your tour, stop at various bars to sample a variety of food and drink. A drink and tapas are included in your first stop (min. 3 tastings and 1 drink), after which you can choose how much or how little you'd like to purchase to consume at the subsequent stops. Along the way, you're likely to taste local specialties like chorizo in cider, Galician octopus, Asturian cider, or Andalucian sherry, among other favorites. Take a look below for a sample itinerary of your trip.
When you finish your evening, make your own way back to your hotel or talk to your guide, who can help arrange a taxi (at your own expense)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 17 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note that some tapas will be shared with other travellers
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have an average maximum of 10 travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Adventurous Appetites Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff