2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Get a behind-the-scenes peek at a working oyster farm during this guided visit to Southold Bay. Learn about the different stages of oyster farming at all levels of growth, from conception in the hatchery to a look at the market-sized grow-out stage. Tours ends with an oyster tasting along the waterfront, paired with local North Fork wine.
- A guided tour of the Southold Bay Oyster Farm
- Visit a natural preserved area along the shore, protected by Peconic Land Trust
- Get an insider’s introduction to all stages of shellfish rearing
- Taste freshly shucked Southold Shindig Oysters paired with local wine
Saved to wishlist!
Visit to Shellfisher Preserve
Departure & Return
Southold, NY 11971, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum numbers apply
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Southold Bay Oysters
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Southold Bay Oyster Farm Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Southold Bay Oyster Farm Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Southold Bay Oyster Farm Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Southold Bay Oyster Farm Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingLong IslandFood Tours - New YorkNature and Wildlife - New YorkWalking Tours - New YorkFood Tours - BrooklynNature and Wildlife - BrooklynWalking Tours - BrooklynFood Tours - New York CityNature and Wildlife - New York CityWalking Tours - New York CityCategory