1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Whether you’re a rail enthusiast, traveling with kids, or a lover of underground London, don’t miss the extraordinary narrow-gauge underground railway at the Postal Museum: the Mail Rail. Save time and beat the lines by prebooking Postal Museum tickets with a dedicated time slot for your Mail Rail ride. Then discover the colorful past of Britain’s postal service, featuring everything from an escaped lioness to a 5-wheeler cycle.
- Secure your place on the Mail Rail ride and book Postal Museum tickets
- Choose from a range of time slots to suit your schedule
- Ride a narrow-gauge underground railway once dedicated to London’s mail
- Dive into the colorful past of the humble letter with interactive exhibits
Saved to wishlist!
Annual entry to the Museum's exhibitions.
Sorted! The Postal Play Space (for children aged 0-8 years)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible (excluding Mail Rail Ride)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Gender-neutral accessible toilets
- Changing Places facility
- Guests must be able to walk unaided for a minimum of 100 metres on uneven surfaces with minimal lighting, and up at least 70 steep steps.
- All spaces in The Postal Museum have step-free access. All spaces in the Mail Rail building have step-free access, except for the ride. Visit the museum website for full details of accessibility at the museum, including resources for autistic visitors and an audio described introduction the museum.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Postal Museum
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Postal Museum Admission Ticket?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during The Postal Museum Admission Ticket?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Postal Museum Admission Ticket?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Postal Museum Admission Ticket?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
The Postal Museum Admission Ticket
90 to 150 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesLondonAttractions & Museums - HorleyMuseum Tickets & Passes - HorleyAttractions & Museums - Stansted MountfitchetMuseum Tickets & Passes - Stansted MountfitchetAttractions & Museums - CambridgeMuseum Tickets & Passes - CambridgeCategory
Lyceum TheatreBroadway MarketSt. Stephen WalbrookWestminster AbbeyTottenham Hotspur StadiumKensington PalaceSt. Paul's CathedralSir John Soane's MuseumNotting HillStamford BridgeGabriel's WharfQueen Elizabeth Olympic ParkMansion HousePrince Edward TheatreLondon City HallLondon Natural History MuseumNovello TheatreUp at The O2Fortnum & MasonCambridge Theatre