- Bike tour along the Thames River in London
- See London's top attractions including Big Ben, London Eye, and St. Paul's Cathedral
- Cross the Tower Bridge by bike
- Taste international cuisine during your lunch break at Borough Market (own expense)
- Insightful commentary from your expert local guide
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After cruising through South Bank, stop at the bustling and eclectic Borough Market. Aside from offering a cacophony of artisanal food products and beautiful produce, this market is a testimony to London’s multicultural landscape. For lunch, grab some crispy fish and chips, a Damascean falafel wrap, or a pot of steaming hot noodles with custom toppings (own expense).
Next, hop back on your bike to work off your hearty lunch. Head to the iconic Tower Bridge—a masterpiece of Victorian engineering. As you cross the bridge into London’s financial district, admire sweeping river views that feature a juxtaposition of old London architecture and modern constructions like the Shard, a 95-story pyramid of glass.
Along the way, enjoy a storied narrative from your guide about the major events—from plagues and wars to catastrophic fires—that have evolved the cityscape. Pass the Monument to the Great Fire of 1666 and the remarkably beautiful Leadenhall Market, the setting of many feature films including 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.' Then pedal over the London Bridge back to Southwark, where your tour ends by mid-afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to the itinerary of the tour we would recommend this bike tour only to advanced cyclists; as such the tour is not recommended for children
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fat Tire Tours - London
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group River Thames Bike Tour.