- 2-hour Sherlock Holmes literary and film location tour of London
- Learn about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who brought Sherlock Holmes to life on paper
- Hear tales of the 1979 thriller Murder by Decree while seeing the Royal Academy building
- Visit the location that featured as the Diogenes Club in the BBC Sherlock adaptation, with Benedict Cumberbatch
- Stop for photos outside Somerset House, the Neo-Classical building that was used as Pentonville Prison
Departure & Return
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early at your meeting point as the tour will leave promptly. The meeting point is outside the 'Granaio' restaurant in PICCADILLY CIRCUS, next to the Criterion Theatre. (Piccadilly Circus Tube – Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines, leave station by exit for statue of Eros.) where you will find your guide waiting for you.
What To Expect
Follow your guide’s carefully laid trail past famous book and film locations including grand hotels, pubs and gentlemen’s clubs. See the sites that inspired Doyle and have recently given host to performances by Jeremy Brett, Benedict Cumberbatch and Robert Downey Jr., star of Guy Richie’s 2009 film Sherlock Holmes.
Stop at the site of the Diogenes Club, known for its strict no talking rule, and Somerset House, location of the fictional Pentonville Prison. Admire the lovely (and very non-prison like!) Neo-Classical architecture while hearing tales of the prison’s infamous resident, Lord Blackwood. This tour offers plenty of time to brush up on Holmes lore, ask questions and snap photos.
Your tour concludes on the Strand in central London.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Brit Movie Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands