2 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
If you’re a history buff visiting France, this guided tour from Lille is the perfect way to immerse yourself in World War I history and landmarks. This two day tour takes you to pay your respects at Europe’s largest World War I cemetery and several memorials. Visit the Passendale 1917 Museum, located on a major battlefield site and see the actual trenches and no-man’s land where the soldiers fought. Leave transportation and navigation to your professional guide.
- Two days hands-on experience with World War I history
- Tour the Canadian Somme and Flanders battlefield
- Lunch is included on both days of the tour
- Round trip transportation from your hotel in Lille
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
At the train station in Arras or Lille
- Lesquin Airport, Lille France
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Canadian Somme and Flanders battlefield tour 2 days starting from Lille or Arras?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Canadian Somme and Flanders battlefield tour 2 days starting from Lille or Arras?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Canadian Somme and Flanders battlefield tour 2 days starting from Lille or Arras?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Canadian Somme and Flanders battlefield tour 2 days starting from Lille or Arras?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Canadian Somme and Flanders battlefield tour 2 days starting from Lille or Arras
6 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLilleBus Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisOvernight Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisMulti-day Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisHistorical Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisBus Tours - BrugesOvernight Tours - BrugesMulti-day Tours - BrugesHistorical Tours - BrugesBus Tours - BrusselsOvernight Tours - BrusselsMulti-day Tours - BrusselsHistorical Tours - BrusselsCategory
AqualudLe Fresnoy National Studio for Contemporary Arts (Le Fresnoy Studio National des Arts Contemporains)La Manufacture de RoubaixBondues Museum of the Resistance (Musée de la Résistance)Lille Natural History Museum (Musée d'Histoire Naturelle de Lille)Lille Métropole Museum of Modern, Contemporary and Outsider Art (LAM) Museum of the Gunners in Lille (Musée des Canonniers Sédentaires de Lille)Science Forum (Forum Departmental Des Sciences)Maison Folie Hospice d'HavréLa Piscine Museum (Musée d'Art et d’Industrie André Diligent)Villa Cavrois