Explore our promoted experiences
- 2.5-hour winery tour, tasting and lunch at Josef Chromy
- Take a short walk in the vineyard to learn how grapes are cultivated
- Hear about the state-of-the-art technology used to bring out the flavors of cool-climate Tasmanian grapes
- Sample both young and mature wines at the tasting room
- Savor a 2-course lunch paired with wine
- Enjoy the professionalism and knowledge of the winery’s friendly staff
- Take in views of the vineyards, lake and gardens surrounding the winery
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Your behind-the-scenes tour continues with a look at state-of-the-art winemaking equipment like a German-made press that extracts juice from the grapes at a low pressure in order to obtain more aromatic yet delicate flavors. Enjoy samples of a few wines that are still aging, and compare them with more mature varietals; the winery offers up to 20 varietals for sampling, including favorites like chardonnay, riesling, pinot noir, pinot gris and sauvignon blanc. You’ll also hear about the winery’s founder, who immigrated to Australia in 1950 and slowly built a successful food and wine operation.
Now that you’ve been introduced to the winemaking process from vineyard to bottle, head to the cellar door (Aussie lingo for a tasting room). Located inside the property’s original homestead from the 1880s, the renovated cellar door boasts views of the vineyards, gardens and lake. Sit down to your 2-course lunch—a chef’s selection of dishes made with regional produce—and enjoy a tasting glass of white and red wines with each course.
At the end of your 2.5-hour experience, you may leave the winery at your leisure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please note: Australia has strict laws about drinking alcohol and driving. If you are planning to drive we suggest you bring a designated, non-drinking driver. Alternatively, it is easy (and affordable) to take a taxi to and from Launceston
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- As alcohol is server all guests must be over 18 years of age
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Josef Chromy Wines
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands