8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Most cruise ship passengers make a beeline to Rome from Civitavecchia, but this stretch of Tyrrhenian coastline is home to delightful, lesser known sights. Discover one of the most fascinating with this shore excursion to the 14th-century Castle of Santa Severa set directly on the water’s edge. Take in the castle complex at your own pace, admiring views from the ramparts and visiting the archaeological and nautical museums housed inside.
- Avoid the crowds by exploring a historic yet little known seaside castle
- Hassle-free pickup and round-trip transportation to the Santa Severa Castle
- Free time to explore the castle and its museums on your own
- A small-group shore excursion for a more relaxed pace
Saved to wishlist!
Castello percorso medievale
Museo del Mare e l’Anriquarium di S.Severa, percorso archeologico
il Castello percorso medievale
Pickup and drop-of
Small group limited to a maximum of 15 people
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Cruiser terminal
- Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 19, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY ROMAETRAVEL
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Shore excursion from Civitavecchia Port: the Castle of Santa Severa on the beach?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Shore excursion from Civitavecchia Port: the Castle of Santa Severa on the beach?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Shore excursion from Civitavecchia Port: the Castle of Santa Severa on the beach?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Shore excursion from Civitavecchia Port: the Castle of Santa Severa on the beach?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Shore excursion from Civitavecchia Port: the Castle of Santa Severa on the beach
1 hour 30 minutes
6 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsPorts of Call ToursAttractions & MuseumsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesTours & SightseeingLake BraccianoShore Excursions - LazioPorts of Call Tours - LazioAttractions & Museums - LazioShore Excursions - RomePorts of Call Tours - RomeAttractions & Museums - RomeShore Excursions - Lake BolsenaPorts of Call Tours - Lake BolsenaAttractions & Museums - Lake BolsenaCategory