- Full-day private shore excursion to Tarquinia and Tuscania from Civatevecchia
- Enjoy an independent day trip with private transport, allowing you to explore at your own pace
- Visit the Etruscan museum in Tarquinia and learn how the Etruscans rose to prosperity and power
- See the aristocratic Palazzo Vitelleschi -- a masterpiece of Gothic-Renaissance architecture
- Explore the medieval historical center of Tuscania and admire the Basilica of San Pietro
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your driver will be waiting on the pier where your ship is docked, holding a sign with your name on it
- Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 19, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
What To Expect
During the drive, listen to some of the history of the Etruscan people from your guide, who tells you how they lived in central Italy long before the Romans and then seemingly disappeared. Your driver can also give you tips about the sights you might want to see (all entrance fees are at your own expense) before you arrive in Tarquinia, where you’ll be dropped off to explore independently.
Perhaps check out the Etruscan museum to marvel at artifacts such as frescoes from the 6th to 1st centuries BC and well-preserved stone coffins, known as sarcophagi. You can walk to the necropolis (large burial ground) for a look at one of the world’s best-preserved ancient tombs, or visit Palazzo Vitelleschi, an impressive example of Gothic-Renaissance architecture.
Return to your private vehicle for the drive to Tuscania, where you might want to enjoy an Italian lunch at a local restaurant, or wander around the medieval historic center to check out the Basilica of San Pietro, a 13th-century Roman basilica that stands on Tuscania’s ancient Etruscan acropolis. When your time is up, your day trip ends with the drive back to Civitavecchia.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Civitavecchia port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Prestige Rent
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Civitavecchia Shore Excursion: Private Day Trip to Tarquinia and Tuscania.