- Spend a day canyoning in Costa Rica
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Central America's Lost Canyon
- Trek through the rainforest and see lots of flora and fauna, rappel down three cliffs and leap into pristine pools
- Enjoy a delicious Costa Rican–style lunch
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Once you’re warmed up, tackle a 150-foot (45-meter) cliff known locally as ‘Big Boy.’ Use the rock face to rappel halfway down, and then hang on for a thrilling drop into a natural swimming pool. Next up, descend the granddaddy of the Lost Canyon — a 200-foot (60-meter) cliff and waterfall. Cool off after your descent with a swim in the water waiting below.
Your guide will lead you on foot through the lush, rugged terrain of the canyon, where you’ll climb over boulders and splash down a natural waterslide. Learn about native plant species and be prepared to encounter the many birds, insects and animals that inhabit the area. Refuel with an authentic Costa Rican lunch before the return trip to La Fortuna.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Desafio Adventure Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "There are lockers for your things, bring a change of clothes, you are completely wet by the end!" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews