- Cook and eat with a Costa Rican family in their home
- Learn how to make authentic Costa Rican dishes
- Eat a delicious Costa Rican dinner with your new local friends
- Visit a garden and pick vegetables for a fresh salad
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: La Fortuna de San Carlos, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Province of Alajuela
2: Hunters & Gatherers Costa Rica, 702, Alajuela Province, San Carlos La Fortuna Alajuela CR 21007, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your La Fortuna hotel or you can meet at our office in downtown La Fortuna, 100 meters West of the Central Park on the west side of the Church. The Coking Class takes place at our exclusive riverside location at Hunters and Gatherers.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 8pm
An elegant riverside location for an educational and entertaining cooking class to learn how to "Cook like a local!"
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
To get started, you'll try your hand at mixing a delicious tropical Costa Rican cocktail we call the “Kiss of the Cacique!” You will then start the cooking process of a traditional Costa Rican “Casado.” Get ready to chop as you learn how to cook up some Tico-style "picadillos," tortillas and "guisados" for a delicious traditional sit-down meal and plenty of captivating conversation.
After dinner, relax with a cup of coffee, share some recipes and head back to your hotel to dream about the scrumptious food you'll hopefully recreate back home! This is the perfect, interactive Costa Rican Cooking class.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years old.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please let us know if you have any allergies or food restrictions. We have options for gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, etc,
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Desafio Adventure Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms