Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour of the Scottish Highlands from Inverness
- Visit Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve
- Watch for golden eagles at Loch Maree
- Explore a historic castle on a tidal island
- Travel in a top-of-the-range, 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Small-group tour for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Stance 7, Inverness Bus Station, Margaret St, Inverness, IV1 1LT
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Upon arrival, take in the stark line of Beinn Eighe Ridge, then continue to Loch Maree, an island-dotted freshwater loch that’s home to a population of golden eagles. Follow a dramatic route to the villages of Torridon and Shieldaig, with spectacular views from the coach.
Take a break for lunch in Applecross—this tour doesn’t include meals, but the guide can help you find the perfect place to eat. Following your lunch break, meet back up with the guide for the trip to Eilean Donan Castle, passing views of the Isle of Skye and the Inner Hebrides. Enjoy ample time to explore the picturesque castle, whose dramatic history includes clan fighting, executions, and a series of Jacobite Risings (castle entrance fees own expense, roughly £7.50).
This full-day tour concludes with the return trip to Inverness, and drop-off at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Maximum of 8 passengers travelling together.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Eilean Donan Castle – We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note Eilean Donan Castle is closed to the public on the following dates: 3rd, 5th, 6th, 13th, 19th, 25th November 2021 & 3rd December 2021.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rabbies Trail Burners
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff