11 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Follow the path of Canada’s WWI troops on this private full-day battlefield tour from Brussels. Cross the French border and head to Vimy to walk the battlefields, trenches, and Grange subways, where the Canadian Divisions came under attack in April 1917. After lunch, return to Belgium soil to pay your respects at the Tyne Cot Cemetery; visit Essex Farm, where John McRae wrote ‘In Flanders Fields’; and attend the moving Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate in Ypres. This private tour includes hotel pick-up, lunch and round-trip transport from Brussels.
- Full-day private Canadian Battlefield tour of Flanders from Brussels
- Explore the WWI battlefields, trenches and Canadian memorials of Vimy in northern France
- Visit Tyne Cot Cemetery and Essex farm, where John McRae wrote ‘In Flanders Fields’
- Attend the emotional Last Post ceremony at the Menin Gate in Ypres
- Great value tour includes lunch, hotel pick-up and all entrance fees
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Vimy and Belgium Canadian Battlefield Tour from Brussels?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Vimy and Belgium Canadian Battlefield Tour from Brussels?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Vimy and Belgium Canadian Battlefield Tour from Brussels?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Vimy and Belgium Canadian Battlefield Tour from Brussels?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Vimy and Belgium Canadian Battlefield Tour from Brussels
3 hours 55 minutes
6 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingGhentBus Tours - FlandersHistorical Tours - FlandersFull-day Tours - FlandersCategory