- Full-day trip to Tuscany’s hill towns and wine country from Florence
- Explore the wine towns of Montepulciano and Pienza
- Sample local red wine varietals and pecorino cheese
- Enjoy the personalized attention of a driver-tour escort (a driver-tour escort drives and guides our guests) on a small-group tour limited to six-seven people / Min 2 people for guaranteed departures
Departure & Return
The meeting point is in front of the Cafè Paskowski in Piazza della Repubblica, 10 minutes prior the departure of the tour
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your first stop will be Montepulciano, home of the beloved Rosso di Montepulciano wine and the vino di nobile. Admire the town’s Renaissance architecture and stop for a visit at San Biagio church.
Then you will be driven to a gorgeous rustic Organic Cheese Farm, just outside Pienza and overlooking the Valley and Pienza itself. Here during a tour of the farm and the dairy you’ll learn how the Pecorino cheese is made and aged and you’ll have the opportunity to taste it accompanied by a glass of wine.
Your driver-tour escort will then lead you to the Renaissance hilltown Pienza, which affords incredible views over the Orcia Valley. Pienza is also well-known for the cheese produced here and called Pecorino from Pienza, that you may taste in one of the many small and charming shops around the town selling this famous local cheese.
You will be given free time to wander around and here you will also have many lunch opportunities (lunch not included). Next, we will visit a selected winery in Montalcino wine area, home to the famous Brunello di Montalcino wine. Enjoy a tour of the winery followed by a wine tasting of three different types of Brunello. After a rewarding Day in Val D’Orcia, we’ll make our way back to Florence where we will arrive at about 6 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: The order of the places visited might change.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Appropriate dress is required to enter some sites - knees and shoulders must be covered
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (children who are under 36 kg/97 pounds or 150 cm/4ft 9 in,must use proper child restraints). We reserve the right to refuse infants or children if we are not notified at the time of the booking and if the car seats brought do not comply with requirements by Italian law.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All passengers pay the same rate irrespectively from their age
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Beginning Friday 6 August 2021 and until further notice, access to museums, galleries and all related tourist venues as well as indoor bars and restaurants, will be permitted only to those in possession of a Green COVID-19 Certification (Green Pass or equivalent certificate). Please remember to also bring your ID or passport to confirm your identity. This doesn’t apply to children less than 12 years old.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY Avventure Bellissime
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands