- Visit several of the most important Renaissance structures in Italy
- Admire masterpieces of Renaissance art at the Opera del Duomo Museum
- Option to climb to the top of Brunelleschi's dome and Giotto's Bell Tower
- All entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Central Door of the Cathedral of Florence, in Duomo Square
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, enter the centerpiece of the complex, the Santa Maria del Fiori Cathedral. Also known as the Florence Cathedral, this Gothic masterpiece capped by Brunelleschi’s famous dome is one of the largest churches in Italy. Learn about its history and construction with an interior tour, including a visit to the Crypt of Santa Reparata.
Delve deeper into the artists and architects of the Duomo with a stop at the Opera del Duomo Museum, formerly a workshop where devotional art for the cathedral and surrounding structures was made. See important pieces including the original baptistery doors and marble sculptures by Michelangelo, Donatello, and other Renaissance masters. At the end of the tour, you'll have the chance to climb to the top the cathedral dome and Giotto’s Bell Tower for fantastic panoramic views over Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (tour might happen in 2 languages)
- For safety reasons dictated by the direction of the Duomo Complex Museum, the priority access to the Cathedral is temporarily not available. Due to this reason you may wait to visit the inside of the cathedral.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Florence Tours by Made of Tuscany
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Duomo Monumental Tour.