- Skip-the-line tour of the cathedral and dome in Florence
- Climb into the iconic dome of the Florence Duomo to see its amazing construction
- See Vasari frescoes and stained glass windows up close
- Enjoy incredible views over the city from the top of the dome
- Get a tour of the cathedral's interior after visiting the dome
Departure & Return
Meeting Point is Porta della Mandorla
What To Expect
As you climb the 463 steps to the top of the cathedral's dome, learn about how the construction of the egg-shaped Cupola wasn't done until long after the cathedral was otherwise finished—leaving a gaping hole in the building for decades. Filippo Brunelleschi's revolutionary design for the dome within a dome is still widely revered among architects and was the largest dome in the world at the time it was completed.
From inside the dome, enjoy a wonderful view of parts of the cathedral you don't normally get to see—including Vasari's 'Last Judgement' frescoes—as well as spectacular views outside the cathedral overlooking the historic city of Florence.
Climb back down from the dome with your guide for a brief guided visit inside the cathedral itself to conclude the tour. Admire its Gothic interior, designed by Arnolfo di Cambio and Brunelleschi.
Please note: Most of the time on this tour is spent in the dome with a brief tour of the cathedral at the end. Your ticket allows you to stay in the cathedral after the tour concludes, and also gives you entry to the Baptistery and the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (no skip-the-line access for those). There is no skip-the-line entry for the Duomo from November 1-March 31.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Visitors are required to climb 463 steps. No elevator available
- The climb is not advised for people suffering from heart diseases/problems, vertigo and claustrophobia
- ACCESS to the complex and VISIT TIMES may be subject to changes due to extraordinary events and depending on the guidelines of the Opera del Duomo
- Rain policy: the tour may be cancelled due to rain, Alternatively, clients will be offered to join the Duomo Complex Tour on the same day at the same price
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- For children's reductions a valid I.D. is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- MANDATORY USE OF MASK AND LATEX GLOVES
- GUIDED TOUR INCLUDED IN THE RELATED OFFER
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY ACCORD Italy Smart Tours & Experiences
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas