- Half-day Durango rafting tour
- Enjoy a family-friendly adventure on the Lower Animas River
- Tackle mild rapids
- Admire views of Durango and the surrounding scenery
- Snacks included during the tour
Departure & Return
Meet at the main office. Your reserved time is your meet time, there is NO need to be ANY early than your reserved time.
What To Expect
After a shuttle ride to the river, listen to a safety briefing and some instructions, and then hop on your raft and hit the water. With your guide in charge of the raft, you'll paddle along, navigating the Train Bridge Rapid, Baby Smelter, and Class III Smelter Rapid.
Pull over on the riverbank for a snack of granola bars and fruit, and then continue rafting along the Sawmill, Santa Rita, and Pinball rapids, depending on the flow. Your tour ends with the shuttle ride back to the rafting office, roughly four hours after your departure time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Wet-suit and wet-suit boot rentals are highly recommended through June
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.