Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Discover Ireland's haunted past on a Dublin ghost tour by bus
- Visit the chilling Bully's Acre cemetery and learn how watchmen witnessed gravediggers in action
- Listen to accounts of strange occurrences witnessed at Kilmainham Jail
- Free pass for the ‘Haunted Dublin Historical Walking Tour’ included
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
See Dublin Castle and Christ Church as you head to the first stop—St. Audoen’s Church, one of the city’s most haunted locations. Learn about the site’s grisly past including its bordering district known as ‘Hell,’ 'The Black Dog' jail with its mysterious phantom pig and the burning of Darkey Kelly, an accused witch and serial killer whose infamous ghost still wanders the area.
Your next stop is Kilmainham Jail (Kilmainham Gaol), a menacing stone building that has seen scores of death from battle and execution since its construction in the 1790s. Hear tales about Kilmainham’s resident ghosts before heading to Bully’s Acres, a millennia-old graveyard that was once a ripe picking zone for local grave robbers. Hear tales of body snatching that stretch back to the cemetery's opening.
Afterward, you may feel like a drink. Accompany your guide to the Gravediggers Pub, passing by Croppies Acre and St. Michan’s Church along the way. At the pub, partake in a complimentary ‘ghoulish brew’ with your group.
Your return trip passes by Black Church, also known as St. Mary’s Chapel of Ease, and the ruins of the original Augustinian Priory Chapter House. Your guide provides cringe-worthy tales of the plague house that once stood on the grounds. Return to your original departure point once night has completely descended on the city.
Added bonus! Your tour ticket includes a free 'Haunted Dublin Historical Walking Tour' pass. Any time within one month of your gravedigger tour, use your ticket to experience even more of Dublin’s dark underbelly—witches, gravediggers and creepy stalkers, oh my!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 47 travelers
- OPERATED BY Irish Day Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Dublin Gravedigger Ghost Tour.
- "Yes, it is a bit cheesy, yes, it is a bit crazy, which is indeed what makes it so wonderful!" See review