- Learn the secrets of Loire Valley wine during a guided winery tour and wine tasting
- Enjoy a romantic picnic lunch overlooking the vineyards (vegetarian options included)
- Select a bottle of your favorite wine to accompany your lunch
- Choice of departure times throughout the day
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Learn the secrets of winemaking in the Loire Valley and the importance of ‘terroir’ as you stroll through the château vineyards and peek behind-the-scenes of the historic winery, which has been owned by the du Petit Thouars family since 1634. After seeing the aging cellars where the wines are aged in French oak casks, head to the tasting room to sample the winery’s fine Cabernet Franc and Chenin blanc wines.
After sampling the wines, you’ll have a chance to select a bottle of your favorite to accompany your lunch. You’ll then be left to enjoy your romantic picnic lunch, looking out over the château, the ancient dovecote, and the rolling vineyards.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Château du Petit Thouars - Loire Valley Wines
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.