Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip to Flanders’ WWI battlefields from Bruges with an expert guide
- See the sobering Käthe Kollwitz sculptures, Grieving Parents, at the German Military Cemetery of Vladslo
- Pay your respects to fallen WWI soldiers at Tyne Cot Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery
- Explore In Flanders’ Field Museum at leisure, listening to audio-guided commentary
- Attend the Last Post Ceremony in Ypres with your guide
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Disembark at the foreboding Trench of Death, a stretch of the Western Front upon which many soldiers met their end. Admire the statue of the 'Brooding Soldier' which commemorates the sacrifice of 2,000 Canadian soldiers during the first German gas attack.
Appease your appetite with a hearty plowman's lunch in a local restaurant in Ypres.
Peruse the varied exhibitions of the Flanders’ Field Museum to observe artifacts that speak eloquently of the battlefield’s history; hear the story of the war on an audio guided tour before ascending Hill 60 to see tunnels that played a pivotal role in the war.
Depart to the city in search of Passchendaele, a brutal battlefield that transformed into a tranquil and traditional town. Then head to the Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery to feel emotionally stirred at the sight of 35,000 solemn headstones. Learn about the global significance of this memorial site then travel to Essex Farm Field Hospital to see the iconic bunkers in which John McCrae wrote his influential poem, 'In Flanders Fields.'
Finally, venture to your last destination, the moving Last Post Ceremony at Ypres Menin Gate, and observe the simplicity of the daily tribute that remembers the courage of fallen soldiers. After the ceremony, return to your vehicle and relax during the journey back to Bruges, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- OPERATED BY Brussels City Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Made for a long day but was well worth it." See review
- "It would be difficult or almost impossible to do the same on your own." See review
- "Tour Organizers could do a better job with precisely where to meet, or even provide a big sign with the tour name on it, but other than that all was great, and fully recommended." See review