12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit and learn the history behind World War I battlefields in the Flanders region of Belgium on this day trip from Bruges. You’ll trace the footsteps of Australian soldiers at sites like Fromelles, Ploegsteert, Messines, Polygoon Wood and Passendale. See mine craters laid by the 1st Australian Tunnelling Company, and visit Menin Gate in Ypres for the “Last Post” ceremony. Lunch is included.
- Visit World War I battlefields on a day trip from Bruges
- Learn about Australian military service during the war
- Enjoy flexibility to customize the itinerary to your interests
- Receive personal service in a smaller group
- Lunch and entrance fees included
- Great tour for history buffs
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up at Hotels or at the train station in Bruges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders from Bruges?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders from Bruges?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders from Bruges?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders from Bruges?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders from Bruges
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBrugesShore Excursions - FlandersBus Tours - FlandersPorts of Call Tours - FlandersHistorical Tours - FlandersFull-day Tours - FlandersShore Excursions - LilleBus Tours - LillePorts of Call Tours - LilleHistorical Tours - LilleFull-day Tours - LilleShore Excursions - BrusselsBus Tours - BrusselsPorts of Call Tours - BrusselsHistorical Tours - BrusselsFull-day Tours - BrusselsCategory
Belfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge)DuveloriumBurg SquareChoco-Story, the Chocolate MuseumHistoric Centre of Bruges (Historisch Centrum van Brugge)Friet MuseumBasilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig-Bloedbasiliek)Old St. John Site (Site Oud Sint-Jan)Boudewijn Theme Park and DolfinariumDiamond Museum (Diamantmuseum)Canals of Bruges (Brugse Reien)Bruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge)GroeningemuseumHistorium BruggeDe Halve Maan BreweryJerusalem Church (Jeruzalemkerk)