- Full-day trip to the St Emilion wine region in Bordeaux
- Enjoy wine tasting sessions in Saint Emilion or Pomerol chateaux
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed village of Saint Emillion on a 45-minute, guided walking tour
Departure & Return
Meet your guide 10 minutes before departure time, in front of the Bordeaux Tourist office. Departure time is 09:30am. 12 Cours du 30 Juillet, 33000 Bordeaux, France.
What To Expect
Near Saint-Emilion, you’ll visit a chateau — the French word for ‘castle’ — for a guided wine tasting. Find out how factors like soil and climate combine to give wine grapes distinct characteristics, and how those contribute to the flavor of the wine. Learn what grapes grow best in this area and create Bordeaux’s famous wines.
Next, make your way into the town of Saint-Emilion itself, where you’ll get to explore this exceptional UNESCO World Heritage Site during a walking tour. After that, enjoy some free time to see the town on your own, do some shopping and get some lunch (own expense).
The last stop of your tour is a wine estate in the Pomerol. Sample more of the wines during a wine tasting in a Grand Cru Classé chateau. Learn more about the detailed process of making wine during a tour of the wine cellars and vat house before climbing back into the coach and heading back to Bordeaux.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult only tour, children under 18 years of age are not allowed
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ophorus
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "I highly recommend you have a hard copy of your reservations, as it makes asking questions easier since it can be a bit chaotic." See review
- "If you can take the time, I highly recommend the full day tour so that you have some time to explore St. Emilion and visit more wineries." See review
- "You are given a perfect amount of time in the city as well, which is not always the case with these types of tours." See review