9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Escape the city and experience two of Colombia’s top attractions on a private tour of the Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral and Lake Guatavita from Bogota. Descend to the otherworldly Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral; enjoy a Colombian lunch in Zipaquirá, known as the City of Salt; and discover the legend of El Dorado during a visit to Lake Guatavita, a crater lake famed for its vivid green color. Entrance fees and hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
- Visit two of Colombia's top attractions on a private tour
- Discover the legend of El Dorado on a visit to Lake Guatavita
- All entrance fees and a delicious lunch are included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Audioguide in the Salt Cathedral
English guide on ride (optional)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Private tour (if option selected)
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Hike on a natural path, good shoes recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- CONTAMOS CON ELEMENTOS DE BIOSEGURIDAD PARA SU TOUR
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY transfers & tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Zipaquira Salt Cathedral and Lake Guatavita from Bogota (Private Tour)?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Zipaquira Salt Cathedral and Lake Guatavita from Bogota (Private Tour)?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Zipaquira Salt Cathedral and Lake Guatavita from Bogota (Private Tour)?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Zipaquira Salt Cathedral and Lake Guatavita from Bogota (Private Tour)?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "If you plan to visit Zipaquira Salt Cathedral, one of the top attractions in Colombia, this is great combined trip, which also includes the Lake Guatavita." See review
- "Long day out to the north of Bogota which offers a range of experiences - geography, history, attractive townships and the famous salt cathedral - with a personal guide and driver." See review
- "If your in Bogota and can find a spare day do this tour" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Zipaquira Salt Cathedral and Lake Guatavita from Bogota (Private Tour)
4 hours 20 minutes
4 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursArchitecture ToursExtremePhotography ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBogotá4WD Tours - ArmeniaSporting Events - ArmeniaBus Tours - ArmeniaArchitecture Tours - ArmeniaExtreme - ArmeniaPhotography Tours - ArmeniaFull-day Tours - Armenia4WD Tours - MedellínSporting Events - MedellínBus Tours - MedellínArchitecture Tours - MedellínExtreme - MedellínPhotography Tours - MedellínFull-day Tours - Medellín4WD Tours - CartagenaSporting Events - CartagenaBus Tours - CartagenaArchitecture Tours - CartagenaExtreme - CartagenaPhotography Tours - CartagenaFull-day Tours - CartagenaCategory
Colombian National Museum (Museo Nacional de Colombia) Tours & TicketsManoa Parque Tours & TicketsSalitre Mágico Tours & TicketsLa Reserva Biopark (Bioparque La Reserva) Tours & TicketsGabriel García Márquez Cultural Center Tours & TicketsPlaza de Bolivar Tours & TicketsBioparque Los Ocarros Tours & TicketsMaloka Museum Tours & TicketsMirador Torre Colpatria Tours & TicketsInternational Emerald Museum (Museo Internacional de la Esmeralda) Tours & TicketsPaleontological Research Center (Centro de Investigaciones Paleonlógicas) Tours & Tickets93 Park (Parque 93) Tours & TicketsLa Catedral Primada Tours & TicketsBogotá Museum of Modern Art (MAMBO) Tours & TicketsBogotá Mint Museum (Museo Casa de la Moneda) Tours & TicketsNational Capitol (Capitolio Nacional) Tours & TicketsMundo Aventura Theme Park (Parque Mundo Aventura) Tours & TicketsMt. Monserrate (Cerro de Monserrate) Tours & TicketsNemocón Salt Mines (Mina de Sal Nemocón) Tours & TicketsNariño Palace (Casa de Nariño) Tours & Tickets