- Private, 9-hour adventure from Kona Coast to Volcanoes National Park
- Customize your own itinerary to fit your preferences
- Visit Volcanoes National Park and Jaggar Museum
- Walk through the 400-year-old Thurston Lava Tube
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any location in North Kona or Kohala Coast, so the west side of the island.
|Monday:||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Sunday:||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
What To Expect
Your first top of the day is in Hilo. Here you can see Rainbow Falls, Liliuokalani Park and Gardens, and Richardson Ocean Park. After your time in Hilo, go on a scenic drive along the Onomea Bay, and take in views of sea cliffs and tropical rain forests.
Next up on the agenda is Volcanoes National Park. Your guide shows you to the Jaggar Museum to learn about the geology and history of the volcanoes on the island. Enjoy panoramic views of the Kilauea Caldera from the scenic overlook, including the ongoing lava glow of Halemaumau Crater. Then walk through the Thurston Lava Tube before your guide drops you at your hotel or other preferred location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We follow Hawaii State Law. We have 2 Five Point Child Seats and Two Booster seats Contact us for availability.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Big Island VIP
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Kona Coast to Hilo & Volcanoes National Park Mercedes Sprinter Van.