- Guided Hawaii Volcano National Park bike tour
- Learn about the Big Island's geography
- Lunch and beverages
- Pickup and dropoff from select locations
Departure & Return
You will meet the tour at Bike Volcano headquarters located in Volcano Village with secure parking, restrooms, and a canopy staging area for launching our tours. Pass the Lava Rock Cafe then proceed to either driveway to the rear parking lot. white canopy lat the north end of the parking area.
What To Expect
All the necessary equipment is provided for this Kilauea volcano tour, as are beverages, lunch and a support van if you get tired of biking. After your start at the Visitors Center in the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, ride past lush, tropical rainforests that house hidden, volcanic lava tubes—one of which you can even explore on foot and venture inside. Pass steaming vents, massive craters and barren volcanic terrain, and, if Madame Pele (the volcano goddess) is in the right mood, there’s even the chance you could see lava spilling into the sea.
The landscape at Kilauea Volcano is unlike anywhere in Hawaii, and, since the tour’s support van is always nearby, you can bike for as long as your energy allows and still enjoy all the sights. Or, if you’d prefer to simply ride along and not use a bike at all, you can follow the group on the very same trails while comfortably seated inside.
Your bike ride ends with a lunch with views of the ocean. On the way back to the start point, enjoy a trip to visit the Thurston Lava Tubes. Read the Itinerary for all major points of interest on this tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise the following information at time of booking in the "Special Requirements" field:
- Name and Height
- Local contact number in Hawaii
- Riders should wear layered clothing to ensure your comfort while bicycling. Local weather at Kilauea's summit (4000') varies daily and may be rainy and chilly any time in the year. At the summit of the volcano, temperatures may be 12 to 15 degrees cooler than at sea level.
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Your Sense of Adventure
- For party's under 6 persons please call 48 hours prior to your tour date: 1-808-934-9299 to confirm that the tour minimum of 6 person's have been met for your tour date. Please be advised if the tour minimum is unmet for you tour, you will have the option joining alternative tour going out on the same date; or doing a GPS guided e-bike tour and refunded the difference in price, or changing your reservation to another tour date.
- Not available for cyclist's under 15 years old
- Not available for persons weighing over 250lbs
- Not recommended for beginner cyclists (you need to be able steer, shift, and balance on gravel and paved terrain)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bikevolcano.com
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Cost is a bit high, but everything on the Big Island is expensive and they are trying to make up for nearly a year of lost business due to last years volcanic activitiy closing the park." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews