- Full-day tour of the Waipio Valley and Hamakua Coast
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from Kona and Kohala hotels
- Snacks, drinks, and lunch included: No need to bring your own
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people: Ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all major hotels and resorts in Kona and Kohala Coast. In addition to the locations below,
Starbucks at Queen's Market Place (69-201 Waikoloa Beach Dr, Waikoloa Village, HI 96738)
Longs Drugs at Keauhou Shopping Center ( 78-6831 Alii Dr Ste H Kailua Kona, HI 96740)
The supplier will send you a confirmation email with the exact pickup location and time. Please call the supplier if you didn't receive an email.
|Monday - Saturday:||06:30 AM - 08:00 AM|
|Monday - Saturday:||06:30 AM - 07:30 AM|
What To Expect
The tour begins when you’re picked up directly from your Kona or Waikoloa hotel, where you drive towards historic Waipio Valley through the pasture lands of Parker Ranch. Upon arrival in Honoka’a, admire the small, old school atmosphere before boarding a 4-wheel drive vehicle, to explore a part of the Hawaiian Islands that’s known as the Valley of Kings.
Navigate the rugged valley terrain towards the base of Hi’ilawe Falls, and stand amidst taro falls with an unforgettable view of the island’s tallest waterfall.
Having craned your neck to take in the falls, journey back up towards the top of the valley to the Waipio Valley Lookout, where you soon enjoy a lunch of teriyaki chicken, grilled fish, seaweed salad, and rice (vegetarian meals available upon request).
Relax on the serpentine drive to Hilo along the Hamakua Coast, before emerging at thundering Akaka Falls and its staggering drop. If weather permits, you get to swim and kayak under a private waterfall to cool down after a short hike. Next move over to Rainbow Falls, where the angle of light can often create a colorful rainbow in the mist. Descent into an ancient lava cave to learn more about the volcanic processes that continue to shape the Big Island.
The drive back to Kona is an adventure in itself, as you travel the infamous Saddle Road between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, climbing to high on the frigid, windswept moonscape. In winter, it’s common for both mountains to be covered with snow, and eventually, drop back down towards Kona for a drop off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not Allowed for Children Under 4 Years Old
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Closed-toe walking shoes are recommended
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bring swimsuit, towels, and water shoes for private waterfalls
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wasabi Tours Hawaii
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Small Group Waipio Valley and Waterfalls Adventure.