1 hour 45 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See the steam vents and fiery lava streams of Kilauea during a Big Island aerial tour by six-passenger helicopter. View Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa while soaring over Hawaii Volcanoes National Park; hover above waterfalls cascading from the cliffs of Kohala; and marvel at the rain forest of the Hamakua coast. You’ll get a comprehensive look at Hawaii in a short time.
- Big Island deluxe helicopter tour of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- View Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, and active Kilauea from above
- Pilot whisks you through the Kohala mountains and Hamakua coast
- Souvenir photos and HD flight video on USB, available to purchase
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
HD video of actual flight on USB (available to purchase)
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort , 62-100 Kaunaʻoa Dr, Waimea, HI 96743, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weight Restriction: Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of passenger weight, pilot weight and length of flight (fuel weight). It is important that we have accurate body weight from every passenger. FAA regulations require all passengers and their carry-on items to be weighed at time of check-in. Any passenger over 290 lbs. will require a comfort seat in our WhisperSTAR aircraft. Call our reservations for more information.
- Scuba Diving: No scuba diving 24 hours prior to helicopter tour departure time.
- Children: A child 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult’s lap. Please provide child’s weight at time of booking. Children 2 yrs. and older must occupy a seat with seat belt on and are charged full fare.
- Check-in: Check-in is minimum 45 minutes prior to your tour departure time. For your safety and comfort, hats and over sized bags are not permitted on the flight line or in the helicopter. Please leave these items in your automobile. Bring picture I.D.
- All Flights Include: Ground safety briefing, complimentary coffee or tea, pilot personal narration and choreographed music recorded on the live digital video, Stereo aviator headsets with individual volume control, custom built digital recording system, polarized bubble windows, air-conditioned climate control, custom interiors and much more!
- Routes & Flight Time: Sunshine does not fly any specific routes but has many sights within the area of a described tour that we intend to visit during a tour. Sights may vary due to weather. Flight times are estimates and may vary a few minutes.
- Actual Flight Video: A high-definition video of your actual flight narrated and orchestrated by your pilot is available on USB for purchase.
- Photography: Bring camera and wear a dark colored shirt to reduce glare on the plexiglass windows.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sunshine Helicopters
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Big Island Volcano Deluxe Helicopter Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Big Island Volcano Deluxe Helicopter Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Big Island Volcano Deluxe Helicopter Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Big Island Volcano Deluxe Helicopter Tour
1 hour 45 minutes
19 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Helicopter ToursAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBig Island of HawaiiHelicopter Tours - HawaiiHelicopter Tours - MauiHelicopter Tours - OahuCategory
Kaʻu Coffee MillHilo Farmers Market Liliuokalani GardensKaumana Caves State ParkWaikoloa VillageHamakua CoastHulihee PalaceCoconut Island (Mokuola)Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden Kolekole FallsNaha StonePuako Bay Hilo Cruise PortRainbow FallsHawiAkaka FallsKilauea Iki CraterHualalai VolcanoHawaiian Volcano ObservatoryKeauhou Bay